Terms and Conditions for Holiday Rentals
As a guide to bookings, the following seasonal definitions apply:
- 23 December to 31 January
- Easter (4 Days)
- Labour Day (March)
- All Victorian school holidays
- 2 December to 23 December
- 1 February through to Easter Thursday
- Queen’s Birthday Long Weekend
- Melbourne Cup Weekend
- Victorian AFL Grand Final weekend
- All other times of the year not listed above
- 7 night minimum during Peak Season
- 2 night minimum during Off-peak and Shoulder Seasons
- A 25% deposit is required to secure the booking, payable by the date stated on your booking advice.
- Should a booking be cancelled prior to the balance payment date, and a replacement tenant not found, the deposit will not be refunded.
- Security Deposits, which are fully refundable, providing there is no damage, must be paid with the final balance.
- Final payment is due 30 days prior to commencement of rental. Failure to pay the full amount by the specified date may result in the cancellation of your booking. In this event, we reserve the right to re-book the property for an alternate tenant.
- In the event of cancellation of a booking by the tenant less than one month prior to occupancy, repayment of rental will be subject to a confirmed re-booking of the property. A $100 cancellation fee will be incurred.
- As a tenant, you are required to maintain the general tidiness and cleanliness of your holiday rental accommodation. Accordingly, please leave the property in the same condition as you found it on arrival. The property is serviced following your stay, at the owner’s expense. However, if the property requires excessive cleaning, the extra cost incurred may be deducted from your security deposit.
- All of our properties have a “no smoking” policy. Cigarette butts from outdoor areas must be removed by tenants prior to departure.
- Unless deemed “pet friendly”, our rental properties do not allow animals. There are some instances where your pet may be allowed, by prior arrangement with the owner. Otherwise, you may forfeit your security deposit by having pets at a property where this is not acceptable.
- Unless specified otherwise, personal bed and bath linen is not included in the rental cost. Our properties are equipped with pillows, doonas, blankets etc. but tenants are required to provide top and bottom sheets, pillowslips and bathroom items. Getaway Rental provides a linen hire and make up service at a cost of $25 per person if required.
- Our holiday houses specify numbers that can be comfortably accommodated. Extras must not be accommodated at the rental property without prior consultation and tents, caravans and other forms of accommodation at a property is not acceptable and may result in the forfeiting of your security deposit.
- Rubbish collection in Barwon Heads and Ocean Grove by the City of Greater Geelong is on Monday morning. General rubbish is collected weekly and recyclables bi-weekly, alternately with green waste. During peak periods this is inadequate and therefore tenants must bear the responsibility of removing excess rubbish when they leave a property and bin collection is not due. Details regarding rubbish removal will be found in your rental property.
- In the event of a breakage or damage to the rental property, please report it to Getaway Rental prior to your departure. Where there is a cost involved, as the tenant, you are likely to be liable for the payment – depending on the extent of the damage.
- Under no circumstances are private functions other than “general holiday entertaining” to be held at rental properties without the prior consent of the owner and/or Getaway Rental.
- Getaway Rental reserves the right to withhold all or part of security deposits if tenants are deemed to have not complied with the general terms of holiday rental, including disruption to neighbours in terms of car parking, noise and excessive cleaning, rubbish removal issues.
- The repayment of your security deposit is made as quickly as possible following rental, once the property has been cleaned and checked, providing we have your bank details on file. Please ensure that you do this prior to tenancy and note conditions above for prompt return.
- While we take great care to faithfully manage the availability of our properties, there may be certain circumstances beyond our control where that availability changes (eg. an owner decides to sell the rental property.) We therefore reserve the right to change availability in such circumstances. However, if it impacts on a booking, we will always strive to find an appropriate alternative property or, alternatively, we will refund your rental deposit in full.